Hi I’m Wendy from HillStart Nutrition Health and Wellness. I am a trained nutritionist who is on a mission to get everyone to ditch boring restrictive diets because they just don’t work.
I have a fabulous membership called Ditch the Diet, where the focus is on increasing energy levels by improving digestion and understanding how it feels to be well nourished. I also have a weekly podcast entitled ‘are you REALLY going to eat that?’ I talk a lot about food, a bit about nutrition and I have some great guests who all love to talk about food too, just make sure you don’t listen when you are hungry.
As a holistic nutritionist I work with clients on a 1-1 basis on long term chronic issues such as fatigue, IBS, inflammation and other digestive issues. If you feel that you are lacking in energy and need specialised support I’d love to help you get your spark back for 2021.
If getting healthier is on your list of ‘to do’s’ for 2021 then the best place to start is by making sure your diet is filled with lots of tasty colourful vegetables and fruit. We’ve shared some fabulous recipes in 2020, and plan to do the same this year.
I have prepared a delicious 3 course menu for you all to enjoy!
We all know Oysters are the food of love, but they are not really practical to eat at home, so here are some other foods of love which are all included in the menu:
Honey – Sweet and sticky, honey contains the mineral boron, which helps the body utilise oestrogen and improves testosterone levels in the blood.
Garlic – it may be a bit stinky, but if both you and your partner eat it you won’t notice the smell. Garlic increases blood flow to the important areas, and is great incorporated into many dishes.
Figs – Figs have long been associated with love and fertility.
Strawberries – dating back to Ancient Rome where strawberries were considered the symbol of Venus, the goddess of love.
Chocolate – no sexy foods list would be complete without the inclusion of chocolate. It contains phenylethylamine, which enhances the action of dopamine which controls the pleasure and reward centres.
Food for Love
Fig, Rocket & Goat Cheese Quesadilla
Garlic King Prawns with Strawberry Balsamic Salad with Honey Walnuts
Chocolate Dipped Figs with Flaky Sea Salt
The Morning After :
Gut Healing Green Smoothie
Starter : Fig, Rocket & Goat Cheese Quesadilla
PREP TIME : 15 minutes
2 Brown Rice Tortilla
25 grams Goat Cheese
1/2 cup Rocket
2 Figs (sliced)
15 grams Pistachios (removed from
shell and crushed)
2 tbsps Raw Honey
- Preheat oven to 200ºC
- Lay brown rice tortilla on non-stick baking tray. Smear goat cheese evenly
across tortilla. Top with rocket, sliced fig and crushed pistachios. Drizzle honey
overtop. Cover with another tortilla.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the quesadilla is crispy. Remove
from oven and cut into slices. Enjoy!
Main : Garlic King Prawns
PREP TIME : 10 minutes
20 King Prawn
4 Garlic (finely sliced)
1/2 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
2 tbsps Parsley (chopped)
- Add olive oil to a cold flat bottomed skillet. Add sliced garlic and chilli flakes
and warm gently until just sizzling. Be careful not to burn.
- Add prawns and coat generously with oil mixture until pink – approx 4 mins.
- Add lemon juice, stir and remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle with paprika and parsley and serve whilst still sizzling in the pan.
TIP : Serve with warm flatbread to mop up garlicy oil. And slices of lemon.
Main : Strawberry Balsamic Salad with Honey Walnuts
PREP TIME : 15 minutes
60 grams Walnuts
20 grams Honey
120 grams Baby Spinach
140 grams Strawberries (sliced)
25 grams Goat Cheese (crumbled)
2 tbsps Balsamic Vinegar
3 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Toast walnuts in a pan over medium heat. When slightly browned, add honey
and stir until all nuts are coated. Turn heat to low and stir until sticky (about 2
minutes). Remove from heat.
- Divide spinach into bowls. Top with strawberries, goat cheese and toasted
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt. Drizzle desired amount
of dressing over your salad and enjoy!
- For more Protein add quinoa, edamame, chickpeas or strips of chicken breast.
- No Goats Cheese use feta or cashew cheese instead.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container with dressing in a separate container for up to 2
to 3 days.
Dessert : Chocolate Dipped Figs with Flaky Sea Salt
PREP TIME : 25 minutes
99 grams Dark Chocolate
8 Fig (cut in half)
750 milligrams Sea Salt (flaky)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt the chocolate, working in 30-second intervals
until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Dip each fig into the chocolate and place on the parchment-lined pan. Top with
sea salt. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- One serving is equal to four chocolate-dipped figs.
The Morning After : Gut Healing Green Smoothie
PREP TIME : 5 minutes
2 1/2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk (cold)
2 cups Baby Spinach
1/2 Avocado (peeled and pit removed)
1 Banana (frozen)
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
2 tbsps Ground Flax Seed
1/4 cup Hemp Seeds
2 tbsps Raw Honey
- Throw all ingredients into a blender and blend until very smooth and creamy.
Divide into glasses and enjoy!
- No Spinach use kale instead.
- No Honey use maple syrup, dates or extra banana to sweeten instead.
- No Milk use water instead, it’s just a bit less creamy.
- Make ahead and store in a sealed mason jar. Shake well before drinking. Keeps
well in the fridge for 1 – 2 days.